Months ago I decided it was time to move all my websites to a new state of the art server. With all my personal and client sites, this is a LOT of websites, and a big job.
Everything runs on content managers, and databases these days, so you don’t just copy the files, and re-upload them to the new server. There’s a lot of database work involved, especially to keep the sites current with the latest technologies.
So to cut a long story short I’m about half way through moving the sites. Recently I moved the old Arizona PUA Lair website, and gave it a revamp in the process. That was about a 40-50 hour process as there were some database issues.
My idea (for now) for http://ArizonaPUA.com is primarily the Discussion Forum for local Arizona guys to meet, but it in fact used by people all over the world, with almost 20,000 posts about dating, and pickup. The main website was actually the very first PUA Magazine styled website, and has been running since 2004. It was outdated, and difficult to navigate, so I gave it a fresh, albeit tabloidesque feel.
For ASKJDOG, I also want to modify it a little, but for right now I’m in the process of backing up, and transferring to the new server.
I just felt I should give all the regular readers an update as to why things have slowed down here lately.
I have also been taking on fewer and fewer coaching clients, while I refocus my career in Engineering. I love teaching and helping deserving men with their dating lives, but I also really miss using my brain for engineering in the corporate work environment.
All the best,
You may have noticed that the message board was added today (see the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.) Now I’ve run forums before, and there are many options as to what software to use. I’m trying something new here.. so before I take the plunge and officially make it part of the website I would really appreciate some feedback.
Please test it out.. make some posts.. start some actual discussions… AND then either comment here or on the message board HERE about how you find the user experience.
If you like it we will add it to the site permanently, and rehome it to our domain, either as askjdog.com/forum or forum.askjdog.com. If not then I’ll add a more traditional forum script.
Here are my favorite features, and reasons for choosing this particular solution:
- Fresh clean user interface that just looks more web 2.0 to me than traditional message boards.
- It’s a hosted service which means less programming & maintenance for me, leaving more time to focus on answering questions and creating content for the main website.
- Another cool feature is the cleaver use of RSS feeds
- All topics have their own RSS feed a great way to keep track of a topic that you find very important.
- Each user effectively has their own blog page of all their posts, and if you find value in the writings of one particular forum member then you can subscribe to their post blog.
- The active support team seem intent on refining the user experience and adding new features.
We have chosen ’free forums by Lefora’ as our first candidate for the official message board.
Thanks for helping make the decision!
Do you have specific sticking points that you desperately need some advice on? Is there a topic that you want to see explained? Well I had this great idea of getting you involved in the development process of my videos.
This is an interactive adventure! If there is a topic that you really want to see just post a comment beneath this article (this replaces the old form request I used to have). When enough people have requested the same topic I’ll put a video together.
Video Request by Posting a Comment Beneath This Article
CONSIDER TOPICS SUCH AS THESE:
- Inner Game
- Sexual Flirtation
- Escalating & Transitions
- Connection & Deep Rapport
- Group Dynamics
- Day Game
- Night Game
Remember to add your comments to this post, and discuss your ideas that way!
Finally I have a nice looking and functional website!.. with some exciting news and new features.
- Videos are now downloadable to your computer (as per your requests)
- Videos are being podcasted through iTunes, so you can subscribe, and watch new, and past episodes on your iPod.. iPhone.. or other compatible device. (as per your requests.. see I really am listening..lol)
- [Forum active by Jan 1st'09] Rather than submitting just one signup question to me, and waiting for me to answer it in a video.. you can now post your question instantly on the message forum. There are several benefits to this:
- Others can benefit from seeing your questions answered, similarly you benefit from reading the discussions about other people’s sticking points (there are more similarities than you might think.)
- You can post more than one question.
- There will be a range of people posting on the board, from newbies, to some that are very experienced, and these other points of view will provide valuable discussion.
- You can now subscribe to RSS feeds, and have new articles delivered right to your Email or Feed Reader.
- The website is now better organize with tag words, and categories, so that you can find articles right away on the topics that you are most interested in.
My newsletter is changing too, such that new and current members will be receiving access to my new eBook on Day Game Secrets To Meeting Women, and a mini online video course on Day Game and other topics! As I develop new blog videos for the main site, newsletter readers will get more premium content.
If you signup for my newsletter now your eBook and video course will be sent to you shortly, with an estimated publication date of Jan 1st’09.. what a great way to start the new year.
Cheers.. Love and Passion During the Holidays,